Marketing Survivor: What Do You Bring?


Forgive me, but I have never watched Survivor. However, I am familiar with the general platform.

What I understand is that contestants bring one item with them to an elimination event staged in the deep wilderness to help them “survive” the woods and the challenges.

This platform got me to thinking: what one thing would I bring on a marketing campaign? What essential item would I need to "survive" the marketing wilderness and its endless challenges?

The first thing I would be sure to have with me is a targeted list. Most successful marketing boils down to selecting the right market, the right target and the right niche. In fact, targeting the right niche should be part of your Marketing DNA.

The second thing I would want to have is a compelling offer. I wouldn’t leave home without an offer that would surely knock people over. The offer must attract attention and it must communicate tremendous value. Adding value is another key component to your Marketing DNA.

A compelling offer targeted to the right list is a recipe for a triumphant marketing victory.

Conversely, a marketing campaign without a specific target will fail and a marketing campaign without a remarkable offer will not produce the desired result.

If you are preparing for a marketing campaign, no matter how simple or how complex, ensure that you are packed with a targeted list and a valuable offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment